Preparing for the Holidays
The time of year has come and holiday decorations are out in full force at the local shopping centers. In the blink of an eye it will be Thanksgiving and Santa Claus will be filling the shopping malls. Black Friday deals will have consumers salivating before you know it. Is your dealership prepared for the holidays? Do you have a plan to increase sales make money these holidays?
Here are a few pointers to help your dealership have a successful holiday selling season.
- Decorate the store. Put up Christmas lights and a Christmas Tree. Get creative and make fun displays with bikes. Put a stuffed Santa in a Side by Side. Play Christmas music at certain times throughout the day. This will get the team and customers in the Christmas spirit.
- Stock a lot of good gift items, for kids and adults. Look through all the catalogs and select a few items.
- For Kids: Striders, Toy Motorcycles, Youth ATVs & Dirt Bikes, T-shirts, Riding gear, etc.
- For Adults: Coffee Mugs, Sunglasses, T-Shirts, Hoodies, Jackets, etc.
- Buy doorbusters. Work with your vendors for great pricing and closeout buys on doorbusters. Consider items like T-shirts for $10, Battery Tenders, youth helmets for $50, $10 gloves, etc. Maybe even buy a nice free item to the first 50 customers who make a purchase of $50 or more on Black Friday.
- Create a holiday events plan.
- Consider a members only “exclusive” shopping night. Invite your 100 best customers out for 2 hours of shopping after hours. Offer them exclusive discounts. Provide some food and drinks and make them feel special. They will spend money!
- Offer pictures with Santa on a Saturday. Hire a protographer who can print them onsite and offer them for free. Families will flock to your dealership!
- Have a stocking decorating contest for kids.
- Support charities like Toys for Tots or Salvation Army. Consider adopting a family and encouraging employees and customers to participate.
- Advertise your holiday sales. Ramp up your email marketing campaign and send out multiple emails per week. Feature Daily Deals and run paid ads on Facebook. Put out fun videos and encourage your staff to embrace the spirit of the holidays. Be a little goofy, fun & creative!
The holidays are all about fun, which is no different than our business. In powersports, we sell fun. Don’t be that dealership that simply accepts the slowing winter months. Do something exciting this year for the holidays. Plan today, it is not too late and make a statement to the consumers in your market. Have fun this holiday season and sell a lot. Have a great Holiday Season this year!